- Our Headline sponsors Unity believe in empowering developers and artists at every stage of development. If you haven’t already, download Unity for free and check out their tutorials and think about using the Game Jam Menu Template. For schools participating in Global Game Jam Unity also offers a license grant application here.
- Silver Sponsors SideFX return again this year with their offer to jammers for a free three month Indie Houdini license to jam with! The also are running a "Game Jam With Houdini #2" contest with some great prizes. Find out more here.
Resources / tools lists
- Handy list put together by GGJ organizers from around the world.
Google Doc Jammer Resources.
- Pixel Prospector has compiled a wealth of resources:
- David Arcila's huge list of game jam resources:
- Resources to make your game more accessible:
- Why not make a trailer or gameplay video from your game jam game? Useful to generate interest for a video game, or to give a rules explanation or tutorial for a board game.
Some hints & tips for software, tools and examples
- Why Everyone Should Participate in the Global Game Jam - Kevin Wong
- How to Get the Most Out of a Game Jam. - Christer Kaitila
Gamedev Tutorials link
- Jamming your way into the industry - Anchel Labena:
- Why should you participate in game jams? - Dusty Wright:
- The Game Jam Survival Guide - Christer Kaitila:
- Global Game Jam® Keynote videos:
- From Game Jam to Full Game - Super TIME Force & Other Shining Examples (GDC Next) - Nathan Vella (Capy Games):