- Partner Sponsors SideFX return again this year with their offer to game jammers for a FREE 2-month Houdini Indie license to jam with! These licenses will be available soon. SideFX is also running their third "Game Jam With Houdini Contest” where GGJ teams that use Houdini have a chance to win some great prizes. Contest details coming soon
Resources / tools lists
- Handy list put together by GGJ organizers from around the world.
Google Doc Jammer Resources.
- Pixel Prospector has compiled a wealth of resources:
- David Arcila's huge list of game jam resources:
- Resources to make your game more accessible:
- Why not make a trailer or gameplay video from your game jam game? Useful to generate interest for a video game, or to give a rules explanation or tutorial for a board game.
Some hints & tips for software, tools and examples
- Why Everyone Should Participate in the Global Game Jam - Kevin Wong
- How to Get the Most Out of a Game Jam. - Christer Kaitila
Gamedev Tutorials link
- Jamming your way into the industry - Anchel Labena:
- Why should you participate in game jams? - Dusty Wright:
- The Game Jam Survival Guide - Christer Kaitila:
- Global Game Jam® Keynote videos:
- From Game Jam to Full Game - Super TIME Force & Other Shining Examples (GDC Next) - Nathan Vella (Capy Games):