Once your game is finished (or mostly so), it's a great idea to create a gameplay video. This lets other people get a quick overview of what your game is like, especially when there are thousands of different games to review.
Are you interested in creating GIFs as well? See the end of this page.
The quality of video that you make is up to you. Any of these options would be fine:
- (easiest) Use your phone or digital camera to record over the shoulder of someone else playing
- Video capture software, such as http://fraps.com or Open Broadcaster
- Some game tools have built-in ability to capture gameplay. An example plugin for Unity is AVPro Movie Capture.
- For Macs, QuickTime player in OSX Lion can record gameplay. More info here
- Anything else you want!
- Be sure to mention which jam site you're with;
- Add year;
- Include a link back to your game's page at globalgamejam.org;
- Please also add tags #globalgamejam and #ggj16.
On your game's page on the GGJ site, you can add a link to the video in the URL box, and it'll show up easily during game searches.
Examples of gameplay videos:
Pretty much anything is fine, just have fun with it!
The most popular social networks hace recently added the capacity to upload and display GIF animations. They're short and directly visible, so you could use it to display the gameplay of your game very quickly.