What are the important dates for the Global Game Jam®?
- 8 November 2021: globalgamejam.org open to accept new jam site applications
- 1 December 2021: globalgamejam.org open for jammer sign ups
- 12 January 2022: Jam site registration period ends
- 16 January 2022: Global Theme reveal event on Twitch
- 20 - 30 January 2022: GGJ 2022 starts worldwide.*
*To accommodate the different formats and local holidays we have allowed for 10 days for the jam this year which allows Site Organizers to freely choose which 48 hours to have their jam. When those days are depends on which jam site you attend as a participant.
Site Organizers may provide support at other times/moments of course, though officially they should at least provide support for their 48 hours, starting from the starting date they applied with as SO.
If participants are up to jam from the 20th to 30th, there's no issue really and that's totally fine! The theme will be announced globally prior to the jam. Participants are then free to jam from the 20th until the submission deadline on the 30th. Participants who choose to only jam 48 hours will not need to regard GGJ 2022 as a 10 day event.
The 48 hour "limit" is more so for Site Organizers to not feel overwhelmed, and the 10 days also allows for participants to jam earlier than usual in case of interruptions while jamming at home.
5PM on January 30th (for each timezone) is the deadline for submissions globally.