We are looking for a web designer to join our team on a short term contract basis. This role is fully remote.
As our web designer, you will work with the back-end developer to create intuitive, attractive user interfaces to engage customers. Your duties will include taking requirements, creating mock-ups, and designing layouts while balancing the usability, visual appeal, and technical feasibility of the designs. You will also have the opportunity to plan and execute projects, as well as improve the overall quality of the website.
Below are some of the responsibilities a web designer is expected to assume:
- Create wireframes or mockups for web pages and applications
- Design layouts for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices
- Design graphics, icons, and logos
- Work on existing custom Drupal themes
- Work with our Director of Technology to implement visual elements of the website
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
Below are the qualifications expected of a web designer:
- Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXPress, and Illustrator
- A strong eye for visual design and composition
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Familiarity with Global Game Jam and/or the games industry a plus but not required
The Global Game Jam®️ is the world’s largest game creation event; in 2022, over 33,000 people at 681 virtual and in-person sites in 100 countries created over 5,400 games during the event weekend.
To apply: Please email your resume/CV to [email protected] by 23:59 (US-PDT) on 4 September 2022.