We are delighted to announce the GGJ Accessibility Fund for GGJ 2023, with thanks to our friends at Autodesk for making it possible!
Approved sites can apply for a small grant of up to $500 to help open up your site to make it accessible to more people.
Your site can apply for funds where they can directly be used for improving the accessibility and enabling more jammers to attend to make games.
Here are some examples of direct improvements:
- Accessibility ramp installation
- Disabled toilet installation
- Sign language interpreters
- Heating/cooling equipment
- Safe transportation for jammers
- Braille guides
- Better technical equipment
- Support with mental health resources/spaces
If you have another need that is not described above, but would make your site open to more people, please do submit an application.
Applications must be made by the named site organiser, and their site must have been approved by their regional organiser. If you are a jammer with support needs who wants to attend your local site, you must apply through your local organiser. If you need help to start this conversation, email us at [email protected].
For the best chance of receiving the grant you will need to illustrate the following in your application:
- The reason you would like the grant, and how it would make your site more accessible for jammers.
- The amount you would need to make the request happen
- Any risks around the project
- Agreement to follow up on the project with a small report/email about how the funds helped your site
To apply, fill in this application form as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No more applications will be considered after the 16th of January 2023. A limited number of grants are available for 2023.
If you or your company would be interested in supporting this fund, please get in touch with us.