All people aged 13-18 are welcome. No matter your timezone or location you are free to register! No prior experience required!
Play games? Why not make them?
This is a global Game Jam NEXT site sponsored by the Hyper Elk Game Development Club. We are students from Chattahoochee High School who we want to allow students like you to make their own games, and allow you all to have fun doing it!
Our event will be faciliated virtually, so anyone is allowed to join!
To register for our site, you must fill out this form: https://forms.gle/tTapzT15KfsgGgVe8
Spots running out!
We want to help you take that first step towards game development or help you take one more step to becoming a full fledged game developer.
Schedule [All times in EST]:
- 5:00 PM - Check-in available, processing permission slips
- 7:00 PM - Welcome/Announcements; THEME REVEAL!
- 7:30 PM - Networking Events / Group Formation
- 8:10 PM - Dedicating Brainstorming Session
- 8:30 PM - End of Day 1
- 9:30 - Technical Check-in and support
- 10:30 - Beginner Unity Workshop Session
- 11:30 -Dedicated Jamming Time
- 1:00 - Meal Break
- 2:00 - Dedicated Jamming time
- 3:00 - Workshop on marketing within the videogame industry
- 4:00 - Dedicated Jamming Time
- 8:30 - End of Day 2
- 10:00 - Day 3 Start
- 11:00 - Playtesting and Support
- 1:00 - Meal Break
- 5:00 - Uploading Games
- 7:00 - Deadline for Game Uploading
- 7:30 - Game Showcase
- 8:30 - Day 3 End
We ask all participants to set up their devices and preferred game development software before the event starts to allow you to start jamming immeditally. As well as register for the event as soon as possible so you can ask questions if you need help and receive announcements!
Additionally, all participants must have a signed permission slip to attend the event, which will be collected before the welcome annoucnements on Friday.
All of the hosting and communication will be done over Discord, so please make an account. All workshops/presentations will be streamed and the pre-jam networking event will also be facilitated for online participants.
As this event will be virtual, please prepare your own food and drink.