- Gæmz GGJ22 will take place in Gæmz Meetup Discord.
- If you are a Twitter person, consider checking out Gæmz Meetup Twitter (@gaemzmu) for retweets and whatnots.
- Official hashtag for this game jam site is #gaemzggj. Official hashtag for main GGJ is #GGJ22 this year.
1. Create an account on Global Game Jam's website and join Gaemz #GGJ22.
2. Join the itch.io game jam page (so that your game will be listed in the collection/showcase) *recommended but not mandatory
3. Join Gæmz Discord (see the link above).
3.5. Once you're in Discord and you have completed step 1, please go to #announcements channel and hit the emoji react to get the jammer role.
4. Check out the keynote and theme announcement. It will be posted in Discord.
5. Make a game or more. (but feel free to not really finish your game; you can do that after the game jam)
6. Upload your game(s) to Global Games Jam's website by the deadline. (hot tip: upload a placeholder project before the deadline!)
6.5. If you can, upload a gameplay video/trailer on one of those video upload websites. Don't know where to start? Meet your new friend, OBS Studio.
7. Upload your game(s) to this jam page.
8. If you can, come hang out with us at the end of the game jam session at 14.00 UTC (7am PST, 9am EST, 3pm CET 5pm MSK, 11pm JST 1am AEDT, etc.) Then, please present your game!
9. GGJ recommends all jammers to join the official Discord where you can meet jammers around the world and get the latest news from GGJ.
- Gæmz Meetup is based in Tokyo (UTC+9). Therefore, the deadline for this jam site is 30 Jan 8.00AM UTC (3.00AM EST, 9.00 CET, 17.00 JST, 19.00 AEDT, etc.) However, the official guide recommends uploading the project 2 hours before (6AM UTC) in order to prevent network issues.
- The theme will be announced & shared by 20 January but feel free to start/take breaks/finish your game anytime between the 20th to the 30th (before the presentation! But if you like the game/team, you should probably polish it/continue developing after the jam).
- There will be the beginning of the jam hangout session in the public voice chat (#voiced voices) at 3pm UTC on the 20th. If you are still deciding or you just wanna have a peek, feel free to pop by.
- I'll open the voice chat at 2pm UTC on the 21th–the 29th (and maybe the 30th) for a quick catch up and whatnots. It's not mandatory but because we can't just meet over the coffee machine, it would be actually cool to have you if you feel like it!
- We could have a video chat session for self introduction, etc. at around 1.30pm UTC 20 January.