Snapshot is a typing game that allows players to develop pixel-art polaroids by typing along with text on the screen. Accompanied by an ambient soundtrack, both story and snapshot reveal themselves – one character and one pixel at a time – as the player types, creating a satisfying and immersive experience. Snapshot was made by Team Acid Burn for the Global Game Jam 2022 with the theme ‘Duality’. As well as pairing image with text, each story hinges on a moment of change between two emotional states. By the end of each level, the player has collected an emotional experience, which they keep as a snapshot on their pinboard.
Everyone is a Creator
Tools and Technologies:
Unity (any product)
How to install and play Snapshot
- Download and unzip ‘Snapshot.zip’.
- Open ‘Snapshot.exe’ to launch the game.
- From the menu screen, click on any blank polaroid to start a level.
- On each level, type along to the story using your keyboard. [Tip: If you make a typo, you can use the backspace button to correct it! But there are no penalties for typing errors.]
- When you complete the level, click ‘Return to menu’ in the top right corner of your screen to go back to the menu. [Tip: If you exit the level before completing the story, your progress will not be saved.]
Team Acid Burn
Angus Doolan - Art
Emma Doolan - Writing
Liam Di Dato - Code
Mei-Li Kay - Production and Layouts
Sera Jakob - Music and Sound