Running the game
Broken Game runs as a standalone program in Windows 10.
- Download and extract BrokenGame.zip.
- Run BrokenGame.exe.
Broken Game was partially developed using Arch Linux, but due to time constraints a standalone Linux executable was not created. To build and run on non-Windows platforms, obtain Unreal Engine 4.24, extract brokengame_source.zip, and open/build the project.
- Players may use a single keyboard or a keyboard and controller.
- Player 1 (Gorillabot) can move using the left controller stick, arrow keys, or WASD.
- Player 2 (the developer) can place crates with the 1 key, slow hazards with the 2 key, rotate certain sections of levels with the 5 key, and reverse gravity with the 6 key.
- Pressing the Escape key at any time will exit to the main menu.
Brian Schroeder - Level Designer
Jason Plank - Programmer
Justin Hill - Visual and Audio Design
Meg Hill - Visual Design
Chris Schultz - Programmer