This is our first Gobal Game Jam in Rijeka, Croatia so we invite you to join this creative experience and try to make a playable game in 48 hours.
Event starts 25.1. at 18:00 and ends 27.1. at 16:00. The detailed schedule is going to be announced later. Registrations on site will be open from 2PM so you can come earlier, pick up your accreditation, go check-in to Hostel and leave your things and then spend an hour or two enjoying Rijeka, sea views or a coffee on Korzo (main square)
Location of the event is at RiHub, coworking place for creative industry and central site of Rijeka - European capital of culture 2020. They were kind enough to provide us with the place. There will be space for making games, eating (internal kitchen), drinking (tons of coffee) and also toilets. Sleeping is provided in a beautiful hostel Happy in a center of Rijeka, 5m walk from GGJ site. For more questions see Q&A.
== Q & A ==
Q: What is Global Game Jam?
A: Global Game Jam is one of the world's largest and longest running Game Jam events where creators are challenged to make a game in a single weekend.
Q: Can anyone participate?
A: Of course! The event is free and open to the public. People with all kinds of backgrounds can participate.
Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: UPI PGŽ will provide breakfast and lunches for all participants. But please keep in mind that you can also bring your own food. There are a lot of stores in the vicinity. The site is in the center of town.
Q: What about parking?
A: There are a lot of parking spots around the place (paid parking).
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: You need to bring 4 things:
- A lot of energy, good spirit and great ideas :D
- Your computer with all your favourite tools installed, updated, and ready to go. Some computers will be provided on site.
Some tools for artists: Photoshop, Gimp, Mari, Substance, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max etc.
Some tools for programmers: Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, Godot, Visual Studio, Sublime, VS Code (basically your favourite editor) and some Git client like Source tree.
- Some utilities that will make your sleep at the event more restful:
- Sleeping bag or blanket and pillow if you choose to sleep on site. A hostel is provided for participants in the vicinity (5 minute walk).
- Something cosy to wear. That's also a good rule in general. Don't come in a fancy shirt or tight jeans.
- Personal hygiene stuff that is basically the same stuff that you would bring for camping:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
Q: Does this place have showers?
A: Showers are provided in hostel Happy near the site (https://www.facebook.com/HAPPY-Hostel-apartments-Rijeka-1011003558960971/).