Ahoy game makers!
We are back again with another game jam :D
So join us for the Global Game Jam in Ljubljana, where you will try and make games in 48 hours.
The exact start of the event is at 25.1. at 16:30 and end of the event is at 27.1. at 20:00. The detailed schedule is going to be announced later.
Location of the event is at Outfit7 Fun Room in Kristalna Palača. They were so nice to provide us with the place. There will be space for making games, sleeping, eating (internal kitchen), drinking (tons of coffee) and also toilets. For more questions see Q&A.
You can find official Global Game Jam registration for event tickets is through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ljubljana-global-game-jam-tickets-53495384134
facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/320828995190852/
and you can also RSVP at Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/SloGameDev/events/257073950/
== Q & A ==
Q: What is Global Game Jam?
A: Global Game Jam is one of the world's largest and longest running Game Jam events where creators are challenged to make a game in a single weekend.
Q: Can anyone participate?
A: YES!!! The event is free and open to the public. People with all kinds of backgrounds can participate.
Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: Outfit7 will provide breakfast and lunches for all participants. But please keep in mind that you can also bring your own food. There are a lot of stores in the vicinity such as Lidl and Spar.
Q: What about parking?
A: There is a lot of parking spots around the place. Plus there is a garage house near http://bit.ly/ParkirnaHisaAtlantis)
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: You need to bring 5 things:
1. A lot of energy, good spirit and great ideas :D
2. Your computer with all your favourite tools installed, updated, and ready to go. Plus don't forget to bring extension cords and UTP cables (just in case if you have stationary PC).
Some tools for artists: Photoshop, Gimp, Mari, Substance, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max etc.
Some tools for programmers: Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, Godot, Visual Studio, Sublime, VS Code (basically your favourite editor) and some Git client like Source tree.
3. Some utilities that will make your sleep at the event more restful:
- Armaflex or Turbo Maximus
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Something cosy to wear. That also a good rule in general. Don't come in a fancy shirt or tight jeans.
4. Personal hygiene stuff that is basically the same stuff that you would bring to camping:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
5. Some snacks and water bottle. There is also a fridge to store snacks. But don't overdo it. There will be also a lot of stores open so you could buy stuff and there is a kitchen if you want to prepare something.
Q: Does this place have showers?
A: Unfortunately no, but if you want you can go to Atlantis (http://bit.ly/AtlantisVodnoMesto).
Q: Can I work remotely?
A: Absolutely, but the whole point of on-site jam is to collaborate in person.