Join us for the third annual Global Game Jam in Green Bay! In the past we've had guest speakers (from the industry and otherwise) talk before the event, and this year is no different!
We have a new space this year in downtown green bay- the T2 Accelerator! This space is located in the broadway district just a block or two away from some great spots for food and entertainment. Going with T2 this year provides us a better connection to local businesses. We welcome all hobbyists and progressionals in the area as well as students from UWGB, NWTC and St Norberts. It's all about collaboration!
Come to GB and jam with us! As far as we know we're the furthest northern point in Wisconsin to offer the game jam.
Here is a tentative schedule:
- UWGB students: if you need a ride to T2, meet at Mauthe Center at 4:45PM
- The main event starts at 5:15PM. So, if you aren't a UWGB campus resident just show up at T2 accelerator at 5:15PM or after.
- Registration at 5:15PM - 5:45PM on Friday Jan 25th.
- Short talks begin at 6:00PM- Headway, Human Head Studios, Thawed Codebase, etc TBD (*if you are interested in speaking please contact us*)
- Theme announced around 6:30PM
- Brainstorming to follow, then game creation all weekend!
- Sunday 4PM Game show off time: the public is invited even if you didn't create a game come see what we made!
- More information about the T2 accelerator can be found here: http://t2accelerator.org/
Note: since this is our first year where we are NOT on the UWGB campus we thought it would be appropriate to offer rides to the venue. If you'd like a ride to T2 from UWGB, please meet at the Mauthe Center on campus at 4:30PM. We will also provide transportation back after the "show off sessions" on Sunday (likely after 5pm).