It's that time of the year again!
Global Game Jam is right around the corner, and we'll be hosting this year's at the University of Cincinnati!
Yup yup, IGDA Cincinnati has teamed up with UC to put on GGJ yet again. We have an amazing space this year, and it will accommodate all our assorted jammin' needs. We will be in the Teachers College / Dyer Hall on the first floor, room 160.
If this is your first game jam, here are the deets: During the weekend, you will have 48 hours to create a game based on a theme. No one will know the theme until the day of the event to keep the ideas fresh, thunked up day-of. At the end of the weekend, the goal is to have made a game, but that's just icing on the cake. We're here to learn, network with local devs, and join in the grand worldwide celebreation of the game making community, with 600 other locations all over the world.
No specific skills are required to participate in the event. We'll pop you on a team and and make that magic happen.
Friday: We will all meet up at 5pm on UC's campus in the game jam room, allowing a little time for people to show up. We will begin with a brief presentation of our sponsors and information IGDA and what to expect from the event. Then we'll unveil the theme. The rest of the time on Friday will be networking with others and brainstorming ideas for games.
Saturday: The real work begins. We will start bright and early to maximize the weekend's time in crafting our projects.
Sunday: We'll wrap up our projects and put them on display at 5pm.
Some side notes to keep in mind during the weekend:
- There will be NO cover charge to attend--we want everyone to feel welcome and able to join.
- There will not be food provided at the event; however, the Clifton area nearby is chock-full of tasty foods within easy walking distance.
- You must be over the age of 18 to participate.
- There is a parking garage next to the building with a daily rate of $10. Another cheaper garage is by all the food. We'll have maps to help direct you.
- Please bring a computer and any other equipment you may need to participate in the game jam.
- We will have a big monitor for presentations and whiteboard space for each team.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. Keep your eyes on this channel for updates on sponsors, maps, and announcement over the next couple weeks.