Important Notes for participants: (required reading)
- De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB) is besides the LRT Vito Cruz station and across De La Salle University. Fastest way to the venue is to take the LRT to Vito Cruz. The exact venue for the jam is the Augusto-Rosario Gonzalez (ARG) Theater 5th Floor Solomon Hall.
- The event is open to everyone (professionals, hobbyist, and students) - this is NOT a DLS-CSB exclusive event it is open to non-CSB students / faculty.
- Two required websites that you need to be registered in:
- This Global Game Jam Site (please validate if you are part of this Jam Site by being part of the "Jammers")
- EventBrite Page (https://ggj2017atbenilde.eventbrite.com)
- The e-Ticket (from EventBrite) must be printed and presented to GUILD officers / registration personnel at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (Front Gate) on January 20 (3:30PM) - registration period (see schedule below). The only participants excluded from this requirement are Benilde students under ID114 and 115 who registered through GUILD (student organization).
- As part of DLS-CSB Security Policy - walk-ins for this event will not be allowed. Registration for Global Game Jam 2017 @ Benilde will lock on TBD at 6:00PM.
- Participants are expected to bring a valid ID, their own laptops / machines and extension cords.
- IT Peripherals should be clearly indicated during the e-Ticket registration. It is advised that participants should have a back-up print-out of all laptops, gadgets that will be brought in DLS-CSB premises. The document should item gadgets / IT peripherals that you will be bringing in the campus. Indicate serial number/s, brand and make (color) and gadget type.
- There is an active Wifi during the Jam but particpants are advised to bring their own post-paid / pre-paid internet dongles as a back-up
- Participants are required to wear their Jam ID's at all times. ID's will be issued during registration period on Jan. 20 (see schedule below)
- Participants are expected to abide to DLS-CSB house rules (to be explained during the 1st day of the Game Jam).
- Particpants are to coordinate with the Marshalls regarding health concerns.
- Brunch and Dinner will be served during the event. There are also plenty of establishments around the area to buy food.
- Bring toiletries and change of clothes for the event duration. Bathrooms are located at the floor above the ARG Theater.
- Tobacco / Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes) as well as alchololic beverages are prohibited. Smokers who want to take a smoking break are advised to go off-campus. Security / marshalls will also not allow intoxicated particapants to continue to be part of Global Game Jam 2017 @ Benilde
- For those not staying in campus during jam, DLS-CSB is implementing a curfew of 10:00PM (for security reasons). That means if you plan to go home and rest you need to leave campus premises on or before the curfew time. No one will be allowed to go in or out of campus come curfew. The campus will be open for you guys by 6AM.
- Participants are required to do their games in the venue (ARG Theater). Those who will be going home (to rest) must be in DLS-CSB (ARG Theater) premises by 9AM to continue with the jam. (This rule is to prohibit participants being part of the jam during the first day, then skipping the entire second day and re-joining the jam on the 3rd day just to submit an entry. As much as it is a competition the spirit of the jam is being part of an event with fellow jammers and not simply creating a game for a prize / trophy).
- DLS-CSB students will need to get a Parental Conforme form from the Program Secretary (GDD). Parental Conforme should be submitted to the GDD Office on or before TBD (noon).
- Minors (non-DLS-CSB students) should have a letter of consent from their parents regarding participating in "Global Game Jam 2017 @ Benilde". Parental consent should include parents contact information and other pertinent information that the organizers might need to know. Consent letter should be submitted along with the e-Ticket print-out on Jan. 20 during registration (see schedule below)
A Pre-Global Game Jam 2017 Event on January 14, 2017 from 1:00pm-4:00pm at the Auditorium.
What is the typical day to day schedule for the Manila Game Jam?
Day 1 – Arrival (Jan. 20, 2017)
* Group forming
3:30pm - Registration (presentation of e-Ticket and getting of event ID)
5:00pm - Opening remarks and Keynote
6:00pm - Theme is revealed; people are grouped into clusters to start brainstorming for Pitches
7:00pm - Dinner and socializing
8:00pm - Pitches by clusters, groupings and work preparation
10:00pm - Participants are either asked to go home or stay in location. Work can proceed, but it is not mandatory
Day 2 – Work (Jan. 21, 2017)
* Continue working on game builds through-out the day
9:00am - Brunch
11:00am - Deadline to create user profile and game page (global game jam site)
7:00pm - Dinner
10:00pm - Participants are either asked to go home or stay in location until morning. Traditionally, people stay overnight to finish their games.
Day 3 – Work (Jan. 22, 2017)
* Submission of game build by 3:00pm (strickly enforced)
8:00am-2:00pm Final touches on work. Brunch is served
3:00pm - Games are submitted (Deadline) to the Global Game Jam site.
3:00pm-3:30pm - Breaktime and Preparation for Judging and Presentation
3:30pm-6:30pm - Presentation
6:30pm-7:30pm - Judging and Awarding ceremonies