Laugh Kingdom is a LAN network multiplayer game, where multiple players are racing against each other to collect the most jokes and fill their joke meter. The king has a terrible temper, and the only thing that will cheer him up is the most notable type of WAVE ~ the sound wave. All his peasants must collect jokes and funny insults to compete to become his court jester. The losers will be fed to the lions.
I see what you're saying
Tools and Technologies:
Unity (any product)
Multiplayer - Data tracked on the server: - Each player: - Name - Transform - Animation state - Global state: - winner Messages from the client to the server: - NetworkTransform: automatically sends player transform to the server - NetworkAnimator: sends the players animation state to the server (mechanim state) - SyncVar - playerName: each player syncs its name to the server when game starts - Command / SyncVar - FoundLaugh: when a player finds a laugh that player's laugh count is updated on the server - Command / SyncVar - CheckWin: when a player arrives at castle with all his laughs collected Messages from server to client: - Every client gets transform and animation state for every player sent to it from the server - OnLaughCountChanged - sent to every player on every client when their laugh count changes - OnWinnerChanged - sent to every player on every client when a winner is set Things we aren't syncing: - Monster transform and animations - Each client has it's own copy
- Download the .zip file and extract the contents.
- Then run the executable.
- The game works on your local network with one player being the host.
- Under "Manual Connection", one person needs to Host and Join
- Everyone else needs to enter that person's IP address and Join
- Ryan Worthington - Jokes, Music, Ideas
- Adin Gates - Modeling (Remote)
- Nathan Worthington - Level Creation, Design, Modeling
- Jon Worthington - Programming
- Jim Byer - Programming
- James Batchelor - Dialog and Storyline (Remote)
Free Unity Store Assets Used:
- Mountain Skybox: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/52251
- Stone and Brick Textures: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/25764
- Low Poly Rocks: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43486
- Monsters: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/77703
- Animated Knight: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/24471
- King and Guards: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18098
- Campfire Pack: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11256
- Barrows and Wagons: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33411
- Unity Network Lobby: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/41836