About the GGJ Eindhoven
If you're passionate about making games and are in need of some playful inspiration, Eindhoven's jam site is the one for you. A large indoor playground, made completely from reusable materials, will set the scene for the 2016 Global Game Jam. Bouncing castles, trampolines and sand-boxes are all part of the jam, as we experience a weekend of fun and inspiration together. The goal is to create awesome games, and an awesome experience!
With 250 participants, this will be the largest location in the Netherlands. We'll have food and a place to sleep available on location. The main site will be the large playground, while there'll also be quiet rooms available for those in need of extra focus.
About Pillo Games Eindhoven
What started out as a student project at the TU/e, grew out to be a standard in the Dutch game industry: Pillo. A pillow used to control games especially designed for the platform. Whether you are young, old, vigorous or limited, Pillo makes the fun of playing games together accessible to anyone.
Pillo Games is an independent game studio which won multiple awards for its distinctive entrepreneurial approach. With loving heart, a large dose of enthusiasm and a steadily growing Pillo family, Pillo Games managed to develop their controllers into a market worthy product without the help of external investors and complex deals.
What To Bring With You
- Laptop or your computer, monitors, game controllers, software and anything else you need for development
- Speakers, discoball, instruments, anything else you want to bring.
- Sleeping bag, air bed, tent, ect if you plan on sleeping (We got plenty of pillows)
- Don't forget your toothbrush, deodorant, and some fresh clothes.
- There is a shower available so bring a towel if you want to use it. We know most of you won't, but we don't blame you :)
- Please don't bring your toastie machine, coffee machine, or deep fryer.