The Game Diversifiers have been released - check them out!
Please read carefully:
- Space is limited - to 45 or so. Registration on the GGJ site will close 21st (afteroon), but may close earlier if we reach capacity.
- the entrance fee goes towards costs for providing meals over 2-3 days
- the event is open to everyone, as long as you are 'legal' (!) - 18+
- network: there will be wired (ethernet) access for everyone, which will allow internet access. Ethernet cables are provided. UCT students also have access to the UCT wireless network as well as those with Eduroam accounts; some wireless accounts will be available for general use, but these are likely to be slower.
- Please bring your own laptops/PC's, with whatever software you wish installed.
- once you have registered here, please send an email to me (patrick @ cs . uct . ac . za) stating your name as well as you dietary requirements for catering purposes (halaal, vegetarian, etc)
- As part of the above-mentioned email, please also state whether you will be participating in the computer game or board game creation event. You can of course change this on the day, just helps us get a sense of numbers.
- while there is security on Campus, any equipment brought onto UCT property is done so at your own risk. The University accepts no liability for any loss or theft, so please be vigilant.
Initial presentation and registration: LT 303, third floor, the department of computer science, 18 University Avenue, Upper Campus, UCT (see map on this page). You can enter from the from the front (University Avenue) or back (Cissy Gool Plaza). The venue is at the end of the corridor on the top floor. Breakfast/lunch will also be served in this venue (see programme at registration)
Game Jam venue: The Jam will be happening in Room L on the ground floor of the RW James Building. This building is the first one you encounter (on your left) as you walk along University Avenue (north) from the Cape Town side. Room L can be reached by entering, then turning left into a passage on the ground floor.
Since the event happens outside of term time, there shouldbe plenty of parking. Note that access to University Avenue is controlled, so we suggest you park in P6 or P7. These parking areas are on the Cape Town side of the Campus - far right on the campus building map
Friday programme: (may change)
venue: LT 303, Comp Sci building
- 5:00 - 5.30PM – Registration
- 5:30 - 6:00 PM - Welcome and Keynote, theme reveal
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM - Group Formation and brainstorming
- 6:45PM - Participants move to Jam venue