The internet is shut down in Montreal. You have to leave your computer and do activities to keep yourself entertained. Talking to people, cooking, watching tv, feeding your cat, going outside… all that makes you a little less bored. Initially, the players doesn’t know what to do, so he’ll tap around, finding activities. Some activities are bad and create more boredom. All activities get bored after enough repetition. Every time the player does something, a text is displayed, giving hints on the result (good, neutral or bad) of the act. The end goal is to go through all the activities, becoming free from the vice of the internet, before dying.
Tools and Technologies:
Programmer: Using HaxeFlixel as game engine. Sound designer: Logic Pro and add-ons. 2D artist: Drawing in Photoshop in a Surface tablet.
HOW TO RUN THE GAME
1) WINDOWS BUILD
- Copy the Windows folder to your PC.
- Run the game.exe file inside the folder
2) ANDROID BUILD
- Allow instalation from unknown sources on your device.
- Copy the .apk file to your device.
- Run the .apk file.
- Follow instructions to install the game.
3) WEB BUILD
- Have Flash installed.
- access http://fouramgames.com/swf/ggj2015.html
Andre Lima, Mark Beiline, Maxime Jacquet and Yuri Yakovlev