It is a two-player game with an asymetrical gameplay on various devices. The players have a different and complementary perception of the environment and they must cooperate and communicate to reach the goal. Synopsis : a submarine mysteriously sank and you are responsible for finding out what happened...
MS Windows, Android device
Tools and Technologies:
Unity (any product)
Software used for developpement : Unity 4.6.1f1, MiddleVR 1.4.2.f3 Free Edition (http://www.middlevr.com/download/), 3dsMax 2015, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC. Hardware used : Occulus Rift DK1, Xbox 360 Controller, Android smartphone (or tablet).
Hardware requirements :
- Recommended :
- Oculus Rift DK1
- Xbox 360 controller
- Android smartphone or tablet (Android 2.3.1 or above)
- Minimal :
- Standard display screen with at least 1280x800 pixels
Instructions to start the game :
- Player 1 : install and launch the APK file on an Android device (smartphone or tablet)
- Player 2 : install MiddleVR Free Edition (http://www.middlevr.com/download/) and launch the application with the configuration file with or without Oculus Rift (documentation: http://www.middlevr.com/doc/current/#simulations)
- In Middle VR, open simulations tab
- In simulations field load "PC application\Into the Depths.exe"
- In configurations field load the desired file from "PC application\MiddleVR configuration"
- Translation movements : left stick on Xbox 360 controller / arrow keys on keyboard
- Rotation movements : right stick on Xbox 360 controller / A/Q and PageUp/PageDown on a keyboard ; head rotation with Oculus Rift tracker if available
- Toggle crouch position : right stick button on Xbox 360 controller / Ctrl key on a keyboard
- Action button : A button on Xbox 360 controller / space key on a keyboard
- Toggle translation in head direction (disactivated by default) : RB button on Xbox 360 controller / h key on a keyboard
- Loïc Fricoteaux
Graphic Design :
- Arthur Maugendre
- Arthur Albertson
- Gaëlle Perrée
Sound Design :
- Florent Chardevel