Global Game Jam 2014 will be back to SCAD-Atlanta!
- Registration cost is $25 through Eventbrite (credit card only) which covers the cost of food, snacks and drinks for the weekend: https://scadggj2014.eventbrite.com.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants can come and go as they please; you do not need to stay at the event for the entire time.
- We encourage all kinds of participants; you don’t have to be a college student and you don’t have to be a SCAD student to participate.
- You don’t have to have coding/programming skills to participate. People of all all capabilities and skill levels can contribute, and we need artists (2D & 3D), animators (2D & 3D), game designers, illustrators, graphic designers, programmers, and sound designers/musicians.
- You own your intellectual property created; the organizers and SCAD want you to commercialize your game/creation, so you retain full ownership.
- We’ll have a digital and a non-digital game development track. You can use the weekend to develop a computer/digital game or a board game if you’d like.
- We will provide simple meals, snacks and drinks throughout the event; please feel free to bring water/drinks and snacks for yourself to ensure you’re well hydrated and have energy. There are also many local restaurants within a mile of campus as well as a grocery store for your use if needed.
- Participants can come with teams already established, but we encourage you to join a team once you arrive so that you can meet new people. You don’t have to have a team already formed.
- We encourage all participants to rest well during the event; you are welcome to bring pillow/blanket/sleeping bag/etc. Rest well during the event; don’t attempt to stay awake the entire time! You will be more productive with some sleep.
- We will award prizes at the conclusion of the event for the best and most innovative game concepts.
For details and updates visit the official SCAD Global Game Jam website: https://blog.scad.edu/ggj/